Here’s some general information about Iran Silk Road Tour:
This is the route you will take on Iran Silk Road Tour:
This is a private tour in which you can pick Iran Silk Road Tour as it is or ask us to customize it for you. There is no charge for this process and Destination Iran does it for you to match your ideal idea of a perfect tour.
You can add other cities and sights to your tour. You can deduct some from it. Destination Iran accepts these changes as long as the tour is possible to operate.
During the customization process, you will receive professional tips to improve your experience based on your preferences. If according to our experience, some of your requests aren’t practicable, we will notify you. If you still persist in keeping them, Destination Iran keeps this right for itself to decide to refrain from providing you with such services that could be risky to you, etc.
- All transportation during the trip in a private vehicle or in a private wagon of a train or on a plane.
- Transfers are carried out in a private vehicle depending on the size of your tour.
- Accommodation in all the destinations inside Iran. They can be in three categories of traditional houses, standard (3-4 star hotels) or superior (5-star hotels or best in each town). You can ask for traditional house hotels, etc too.
- Breakfast is always included in all the accommodation you choose and you won’t have to pay for them separately, individually, etc. For lunch and dinner, you can choose when completing the tour inquiry form or before you finalize your tour package with us.
- Guidance of all the tours by our certified national/local tour guides.
- Admission fees to enter all sites, museums, etc will always be part of the tour package.
Visa Application Assistance is a free-of-charge complementary service unless you decide to do it yourselves. We recommend you to leave this step to us as we can facilitate it for you so that you can obtain your visa in a hassle-free manner.
There’s no specific date for this tour. It’s a sample tour itinerary by itself. However, we’ve tried and enriched it for years and assure you that you can make the most of your trip in such a limited time by taking it.
If extreme heat or cold bothers you and your co-travelers, it’s better to think twice if you plan to travel during early summer or early winter. However, all the vehicles and hotels used for your tour are air-conditioned. This is just to let you know.
Therefore, it’s not possible for us to provide you with a price for Iran Silk Road Tour right away, but we promise to reply to your inquiries as soon as we can and within 72 hours. Generally, you will receive an answer from us in less than 24 hours. If it takes more time, please make sure to follow your inquiry up and contact us!
Type & Description of Iran Silk Road Tour
Iran Silk Road Tour has been planned as a two-week tour to make it possible for you to travel in the footsteps of ancient traders who were passing through Iran’s major trade route.
This tour includes the cities of Mashhad, Neyshabur, Sabzevar, Bastam, Gonbad-e Kavus, Damghan, Kashan, Tehran, Qazvin, Hamedan, Kermanshah, Bijar, Takab, Maragheh, and Tabriz together with their sites and museums so that you can learn about Iranian culture and history more extensively.
You can take this tour and travel for 12, 13 or 14 days depending on your exact arrival and departure times. Your flight schedule and the exact time of arrival and departure can determine one night less or more at the first or last hotel.
Iran Silk Road Tour is a guided tour in which a guide accompanies you from the start to the end. He follows the itinerary you’ve chosen, pays the entrance fees for the sites and museums, manages the tour, takes responsibility for solving any issues occurring during the tour, etc.
This is a cultural tour in which you learn about the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of Iranians. Some of them are inscribed on UNESCO’s list and some are in UNESCO’s tentative list. Many still need to be documented to go through this process.
During the tour, you drive long and short distances, visit vast plains and high mountains, and stop to see sites and people. At least every 90 minutes, you will stop to stretch your legs and relax for a while, have some refreshments, etc.
During the tour, you walk for a short/long time here and there inside the cities. If you choose to customize the tour and include some trekking, etc, you must make sure you’re fit enough to do it.
Itinerary of Iran Silk Road Tour
Here’s the itinerary for this tour package:
Mashhad: 2 nights
Arrival in Mashhad International Airport. Meet with Guide. Transfer to the hotel for rest.
In and around Mashhad, visit:
- Robat Sharaf Caravansary
- Imam Reza Shrine
- Tomb of Ferdowsy
Bastam: 2 nights
On the way, from Neyshabur to Bastam, visit:
- Tomb of Omar Khayyam
- Tomb of Sheikh Attar
- Tomb of Kamal-ol-Molk
- Rabat-e Shah Abbasi
- Zafaraniyeh Caravansary
- Sabzevar Icehouses
- Khosrogerd Minaret
- Miandasht Shah Abbasi Caravansary Complex
In and around Bastam, visit:
- Tomb of Bayazid-e Bastami
- Kashaneh Tower
- Gonbad-e Kavus Tower (UNESCO Site)
Kashan: 2 nights
On the way, from Bastam to Kashan, visit:
- Mehmandoost Tower
- Tarikhaneh Mosque of Damghan
- Chehel Dokhtar Tower
- Damghan Defending Walls
- Dair-e Gachin
In and around Kashan, visit:
- Kashan Bazaar
- Workshop of Traditional Textiles
- Tabatabaee Historical House
- Sultan Amir Ahmad Bathhouse
- Sialk Historical Mounds
- Fin Garden (UNESCO Site)
Tehran: 2 nights
On the way to Tehran, at Robat Karim and Rey, visit:
- Fath Ali Shah Caravansary
- Qaleh Sangy Castle
- Bahram Fire Temple & Mound
- Toghrol Tower
- Shah Abdol Azim Shrine
In Tehran, visit:
- Carpet Museum
- National Museum (3 Halls: Prehistory, Pre-Islam & Post-Islam)
- Treasury of National Jewels (if open)
- Golestan Palace Compound (UNESCO Site)
Hamedan: 2 nights
On the way to Hamedan, in Qazvin, visit:
- Chehelsotun Palace
- Sad-o Saltaneh Bazaar & Caravansary Complex
In and around Hamedan, visit:
- Hegmataneh (Ecbatana) Mound & Museum
- City Center & Bazaar
- Tomb of Baba Taher
- Tomb of Avicenna
Also on a return trip to Kermanshah, visit:
- Anahita Temple of Kangavar
- Bisotun Rock Reliefs (UNESCO Site)
- Bistotun Caravansary (UNESCO Site)
- Taq-e Bostan Rock Reliefs
Takab: 1 night
On the way to Takab, visit:
- Lalehjin Pottery workshops
- Alisadr Cave
Around Takab, visit:
- Takht-e Soleyman (UNESCO Site)
- Soleyman Prison
Tabriz: 3 nights
In and around Tabriz, visit:
- Kandovan Troglodyte Village
- Blue Mosque
- House of Constitution
- Friday Mosque
- Tabriz Bazaar (UNESCO Site)
- El Goli Park
Transfer to Tabriz International Airport to Fly out.
Send an Inquiry for Iran Silk Road Tour Now!
Destination Iran offers some of the best Iran tour packages.