Part of the tour services we provide is Iran tour services. Once you decide to travel with us to Iran, we provide Iran visa services as part of the package. If you need a tourist visa to Iran, you can simply order one of the tour packages we have or ask for a customized tour to receive your visa automatically as part of the package service.
You can independently go to any of the Iranian embassies all over the world and apply for an Iranian visa, but it’s always more convenient to leave it to an Iranian tour operator who does this several times a week for its clients. We, as such party, could help you more easily get your visa to Iran in the most efficient and proficient fashion. We don’t charge our clients for this service as it’s part of the tour packages to Iran.
Iran Visa Service Process
When you approve the itinerary, price and service details, we start processing your visa inquiry. You will be required to:
Scan the first page of your passport in JPG/JPEG format and submit it to us.
- Complete the application form we’ve provided and submit it to us.
- Let us know where (which country, port of entry in Iran) you’d like to get your visas.
Note: Your passport should at least be valid for 6 months so that the Iranian ministry of foreign affairs (MFA) grants you the visa.
Then, email the above documents to us. Upon receiving these files, we will apply for your Iran visas as your host. It will take between 7-10 working days to get the confirmation of your visa applications from the Iranian ministry of foreign affairs.An Iran visa authorization may take around 5 weeks for the US citizens to obtain.
When they authorize your visas to be issued, MFA will provide us with an authorization reference number. We send you this number so that you can go to your designated Iranian embassy or consulate to get Iranian visa at your passport.
Such visa authorization number is indicative of the fact that MFA has agreed to provide you with a visa to Iran. It’s valid only at the embassy/consulate you’ve mentioned. You’re supposed to go within three days to the chosen office and present the reference number so that you can get your visa at your passport. This could also be done by a reliable mailing service.
Important Tips on Iran Visa Services
If you’re thinking about getting an Iranian visa to travel to Iran, you may find the following tips helpful before you take any action:
- Your host in Iran could be an Iranian tour operator or any individual who accepts to become your host. Again, an Iranian tour operator can help the host to get the Iran visa for you in an experience-proven manner.
- Most of the nationalities can get a tourists visa to Iran upon arrival for 15 days. To know if you are categorized as exceptions, please contact us and we will let you know if you can get such a visa upon arrival.
- US citizens can get their visas at their passports in the Iranian interest section at Pakistan Embassy in Washington, because due to the present diplomatic relations between Iran and US, neither of the two governments have embassy or consulate in the other country.
- To get Iran visa for Americans, you need to have a tour itinerary to present to the Iranian interest section in Pakistan Embassy in Washington or other embassies at other countries. Therefore, US citizens are supposed to have a guided tour already mentioned during their stay in Iran.
- You can ask for your Iranian visa to be issued for you upon arrival at designated ports of entries in Iran, but you have to first go through the above-mentioned Iran visa service process. You can present the authorization reference number and get your visa at your passport there.
- Most of the foreign visitors to Iran will require a visa of Iran to be able to travel to our country.
- The visa issuing fee is an amount charged by the MFA to the individuals who get their visas in any embassies. We don’t charge our clients who get their visas through us as part of their tour package services.
- Your Iranian visa could be extended while you’re in Iran under certain circumstances. It depends on your port of entry, the required extra days, time of applications, etc. Your tour operator can handle this part accordingly once it’s needed.
Here at Destination Iran, we try to update the Iran visa services and the requirements referred to at this page, but we’re not responsible for the changes occurred at the process of visa issuing for foreign nationals. We do our best and utilize our utmost efforts to keep you updated with the latest developments about Iran visa requirement.